• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800nu 2000 point drop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AA

Registered
I recently updated my drivers on my 6800nu to 66.93 in the hope of eliminating some minor freezing problems I was having. After updating my 3Dmark03 scores have dropped from around 10300 to around 8500. At certain points during the benchmark where i used to get 50fps i now get 30fps. However some of the tests are just as they were before. There is no artifacting whatsoever. These scores are both with the same overclocking and 16x1, 6vp unlocked. Stock settings only reduce the scores even farther. I have noticed that when i go into nvidia settings the bus for my card shos up as PCI x0. Shouldn't it be AGP 8x? Could this have something to do with it? I have tried going back to the 61.77 drivers and the 66.81 as well but encounter the same problem. I hope it's not a hardware problem. Somebody please help, this is driving me crazy!!!

AA said:
I have noticed that when i go into nvidia settings the bus for my card shos up as PCI x0. Shouldn't it be AGP 8x? Could this have something to do with it?

I think you've found your problem already. Now you have to figure out why it's so. In Windows Device manager does it still show your AGP chipset and driver? This would impact the performance as you are describing.

Well I found that my primary graphics bus was set to PCI instead of AGP in my bios so I changed it but everything is still showing up as PCI. Sandra shows that my AGP bus is operational.

AA said:
Well I found that my primary graphics bus was set to PCI instead of AGP in my bios so I changed it but everything is still showing up as PCI. Sandra shows that my AGP bus is operational.

The problem seems software/windows related. Usually it's the AGP chipset driver thats no longer there that causes the problem.

Hum thats really strange, I don't know how my chipset driver would have disappeared. I think I need to do some more research on chipsets cause I'm not very knowledgeable in that area. Thanks for your help anyway.

Come on, doesn't anyone else have a suggestion?

AA said:
Hum thats really strange, I don't know how my chipset driver would have disappeared. I think I need to do some more research on chipsets cause I'm not very knowledgeable in that area. Thanks for your help anyway.

ehh..... try reinstalling the chipset driver....?

I reinstalled the chipset drivers and that solved my problem. My card is being recognized as AGP again and all performance issues have disappeared. Thanks for your help guys. :D

Back