• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Invalid date

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
My parents were complaining to me about getting some "invalid date" errors, which made little sense to me. After a week of them bugging me, they called me up and I VNC'd in, and this is what I saw:

Jan1st1601.jpg

I had no idea that was even possible. If I recall history class correctly, they didn't even have computers back then ;). My Win2k box won't let me do that, and as far as I know, their box is the same Win2k Pro + SP4 and all the patches, just like mine.

...it's got something to do with vidcard drivers, I've had the same date stamped on a few drivers I've dwnlded, beats the WHQL listing, or some such. Not vidcard drivers in particular, but fixes for games for me, always have really weird dates. Not a major prob(for me), nor a virus, been there, had that bug, just reset the date... :)

BIOS is at newest, afaik. Don't remember what board is in there, but the box is a P3 1Gig on Win2k Pro SP4.

It's used almost exclusively for playing games (like hoyle card & board & word games)..

Windows won't let you set the time like that.. I don't even think the BIOS (probably award bios) will let you set the time like that, so I'm lost as to how it actually got set back 400 years. Last I checked, it could only be set in the range of around 1970 <> 2069 depending on the software/bios

...I have an update/patch for my old Viper Racing game, the file is dated 1601, tis why I believe it's something to beat Microshaft's compatibility somehow. TBut, the patch didn't change the date on my system. You can set the date in an Award BIOS, and if it's a PIII, for sure the date can be changed in the BIOS, the mobo is new enough to have that option...

...just pop the CMOS battery out for 30 seconds, then reset the date when you boot, problem solved... :D

You could try setting the date with DOS's date command, it may let you set it back to reality :D Just type in date at the command prompt, and it will display the current date, as well as ask you to enter a new one.

JigPu

JigPu said:
You could try setting the date with DOS's date command, it may let you set it back to reality :D Just type in date at the command prompt, and it will display the current date, as well as ask you to enter a new one.

JigPu
Oh, this problem was long solved.. I just had it sync with another box..
net time /set /y \\otherhost

The date command is a 2 digit year, so it won't let me set it back very far

dicecca112: we were both wrong, it's 1980 <> 2079.

As a side note, when messing with your system clock, expect trillian to crash, and your SSL certificate on your IMAP server to yell at you.

Back