• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum BIOS 1.41 BETA is out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BenStark

Registered
I found a file "neo2_bios_141.zip" which seems like a legit Neo2 Plat K8N 1.41 beta BIOS. If someone would like to test/host it, please PM me. I'm thinking of flashing it but afraid it will affect my current process of OCing.

Inside the zip file is:
AWFL833D.EXE 44KB 11/14/2004
readfirst.txt 256B 11/14/2004
w7025nms.141 524KB 11/14/2004

Readfirst reads:
----------------------------------------------------
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum BIOS 1.41 BETA
----------------------------------------------------
Flash at your own risk! I have no responsibility
whatsoever for possible damage caused by a bad flash.

I'm using right now that beta bios, and there's K8N Neo2 Platinum Guide which I wrote (you can also find it there, last post of the thread). But here's the link.

Thanks. Going to flash it now. Do you know what the differences are in the 1.41 BIOS over, say, 1.37?

Better ask around more Ben. I hear the 1.41 is for the Neo plat (7030) mobo.

But if you do decide to flash, tell me how it goes.

Yeah, I tried to flash the w7025nms.141 file and it said its not an Award BIOS and thankfully wouldnt let me flash. Kinda odd.

Last edited:
Hmm odd. I'll try again in a lil bit. Have you noticed any improvements / features with the new BIOS by any chance?

Zebbo said:
I've flashed it and I'm doing just fine here?? I know Sentential uses this BIOS also
Yes considering that I was the one who gave it to you ;). Yes its fine. I also have it uploaded on my FTP if you dont trust his ;)

Osirus said:
Zebbo.. can you confirm any changes/improvements on the new Beta BIOS?
No change in OCing stability. However the temps in BIOS have improved and are more accruate. Plus case temps finally read correctally.

I might look into that...
funny about the HTT issue, I was messing with it yesterday, and I hit ENTER by accident, and it worked fine.

I might upgrade

Osirus said:
I might look into that...
funny about the HTT issue, I was messing with it yesterday, and I hit ENTER by accident, and it worked fine.

I might upgrade
Yea I never had an issue with the HTT, but I know alot of peeps have. This version supposedly fixes that issue.

Osirus said:
How accurate are the temps now? is it a huge difference or minimul at best?
Well the temps on WCs have come down a bit. My case temps finally read the accurate 30c* and my CPU temps came down about 2-3c*. It used to read 48c* idle with my fan on low, now it reads 44-46.

Osirus said:
Zebbo.. can you confirm any changes/improvements on the new Beta BIOS?

Only change what I have noticed is my case temps, but Sen reported this already. Overclock remains same, no new BIOS settings, etc. I think it only solves some stability issues.

Osirus said:
You hosting the BIOS file? Is it a floppy update or windows update?

Sen hosts the files too and it's floppy update. Well, of course you can flash it with WinFlash too if you don't have a floppy drive.

Last edited:
This friggin bios made me let gop through hell!
after i've flashed it my system allways hung up at nv raid seek!
I never used a raid array and RAID was DISABLED in the bios.
I couldn't even get to boot a floppy or anything. 10 load to defaults later i could gte to flash to 1.3 from my cd but the problem was there still!

After 5 more flashes somehow the problem vanished!
I have no clue how i managed to get it to work but the RAId **** is gone now and i'm runnig 1.41 stable it seems.

NEVER TOUCH A RUNNING SYSTEM!

Funny that enabling/disabling RAID in bios had no affect on my problem though. Sure some buggy ****!

1.41 is working fine for me. And seems a bit more stable though cant be proven as I reseated the CPU.

Hey I just DL'd the Flash.

I'm just getting into OC'ing and I got my 3000+ up to 2.1 yesterday.
Is there anything I should know before flashing my bios with this.

Back