• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp not booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t12121

I have a problem and I and I pretty sure it is my video card (but also exploring anything that could be the prob) but looking for input. Ok windows goes to the loading windows screen and before it goes into the login screen the monitor goes black (actually it goes into standby.) I can boot into safe mode. I can boot into Vga mode but when I try to change resolution it goes black (actually monitor standby.) and if I change from 8 bit to 16 bit it has the same problem. I also updated the drivers for it. With no change. Also once I had a blue screen of death with nv4_disp.dll or something like that. It happened after a lan party that I played for like 7 hours straight. (With no problems) When I got back and plugged everything in it started doing that. Checked all connects everything looks good.

Unsure y it would work until I turned my system off. And yes I updated to the latest drivers. I did I virus check and found no viruses I use AVG anti-virus.

Last edited:
update

ok now I got a different thing going on. I completely removed all drivers for my video card. Then rebooted. It booted up fine using defaullt windows drivers (just like a startup with not finding the name of the card.) Then I downloaded the lastest drivers and it did the same thing? now I am totally confused? Any ideas? until then at least I got my computer working. Maybe my card is starting to go bad?? well I guess no games until I figure this out. :temper: :bang head :bang head
Ok I got it working (unsure how) but I removed and replaced the vid. card and is loaded the drivers with no prob thanks for the advise all!!

Last edited:
I had a different problem, I had my computer setup for duel monitors. The video card died. When I tried using the stock motherboard video card. Windows did that same thing your going threw. Windows logo with scrolling blue bar then I get black monitor. But windows was loaded. I figured a way to log onto windows without seeing what I was doing. I use another computer to map my key strokes to roll back the computer to a date before duel monitors. After an our of this my computer worked again. Also the video card was in another computer when it died. My problem was with the duel monitor setup. Just giving u some info it might be your drivers.

Back