• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guys I wrote a VB program for overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyT/A

Registered
Got tired of using the calculator to figure out multi's/FSB/memory so I wrote programs make it easier to switch between processors when you're trying to decide which processor to buy or how far you have to push the FSB for giving goal

it's located here

Last edited:
I'll have to give it a try. Most of the time I use a spread sheet instead of a calculator.

Thanks

TommyT/A said:
Got tired of using the calculator to figure out multi's/FSB/memory so I wrote programs make it easier to switch between processors when you're trying to decide which processor to buy or how far you have to push the FSB for giving goal

it's located here

Err...it's saying this when i try to run it:

"Class not registered : You need the following file on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.

I don't have virtual basic... =(

google the DLL, youll find a package to install and let you run stull like this. or just he DLL, and then install that...and google the next one! woo!

I'm downloading visual studio atm, think that'll fix it? I googled it but it just gave me stuff to download the dll, which I tried putting in system32 and the folder itself.

OK, after installing VB/VS, and "installing" the dll file in the system directory, it still says it. realllly gay

DamienKC said:
so why doesn't it work :(
I don't know, I don't know much about the DLLs, maybe its a problem with the decompression. If you want I'll e-mail you one, drop me a e-mail

also Double click on an open space to change the color, I will work on getting fonts manipulated.

For all you guys that had a problem with the original version, try this new one. SeaDave77 turned me on to some runtime files that seem to eliminate some compatibility issues. Please PM me with any problems and or fixes to any issues, suggestions are welcome as I am new to this programming stuff.

it's located here

Thanks Tommy

I like it, thanks.

Only suggestion would have been to make the FSB number actually rise as you slide the bar. Might as well type it in otherwise, because when you stop, you have no clue where it's gonna be at. Otherwise very nice work.

Edit: Also having it show up in the taskbar would be cool, or being able to minimize it to the system tray. Of course i couldn't do anything like this, so i don't know if that's a huge task or what, but either way, still a nifty little proggy.

Last edited:
Good suggestion, I believe I would just have to make a toolbar, and set it to show Max, Min, options. I'll see if I can and if I can I'll upload the new one.

The way I use the FSB slide bar is with the arrows on the end, I had the numbers scroll upwards when you use those arrows, check to see if yours does that or did the compression mess with it like it did with the originals arrow boxes on the controls(it made them larger and out of proportion

Now i'm getting an error when opening it.

"Must have MSSTDFMT.DLL installed on your machine"

Just like the others. It worked on my lappy though.

Last edited:

Attachments

• OC.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Even after installing the dll into my system32 folder, no dice on this machine. It works on my laptop though (SP1). Maybe that has something to do with it?

Back