• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOMG Doom3 is UGLY with dual graphix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw that on another forum. I'm impressed with the framerate...but there's no lighting at all and it looks like total *** with those messed up textures.

I think it's cool that it can run on that machine. yeah, it looks like crap... but hey, is there even like active cooling on stock voodoo 2s?

I havent played doom3 yet b/c lack of funds so I would be interrested in seeing some like high detail comparisons. I know there is a HUGE difference, but I would still like to see them next to each other

Last edited:
whooping_a_panda said:
that looks fantastic for those cards

My thoughts too. It's crap by todays standards but if this game had been released in the glorydays of the voodoo cards people would go nuts... Problem is that no one really had a 1,5ghz cpu back then...

I am incredibly impressed with those shots! That's all on a Voodoo II?!

He's getting playable framerates on hardware that is at least 8 years old. That's a feat in and of itself.

hey I have a Voodoo 2 jkjk

but those pics do look pretty good on those old cards
I am stuck with a 2 year old video card hoping to get a new one by Xmas :santa:

That is awesome for voodoo2 SLIs. Those things were designed to ran original unreal and quake2! And mortis yes there were voodoo 2's with stock active cooling. Canopus made them. :)

You guys are forgetting the best thing about those screen shots...

You can see EVERYTHING!!

DoomIII was so frikkin dark that I had trouble seeing anything. I had to turn the brightness up all the way and shut off the lights in my office just to play it. Using the VoodooII you didn't even need the flashlight. LOL I need to install an old chip and re-play DoomIII.

whooping_a_panda said:
that looks fantastic for those cards

Amen. That's impressive for those old cards. Better hang on to those Voodoo3s and 5s. They're still good for something (and not just target practice).

That's brighter than I've ever been able to get my game. I'm surprised that a 2 Voodoo 2's can do anything better than my 9800.

I didn't think the graphics were all that great anyway. The people in DoomIII all had "Potato Heads" and already looked funny.

looks like an improvement to me what with me able to look around without your flashlight and monitor brightness cranked and all

The game is suppose to be really dark. It adds it's own element to the game. Your suppose to walk around with a flash light just to see & then suddenly something pops up & you have to whip your gun out fast to shoot it......

Back