• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DNA drivers better than Omegas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

Stumbled across someone who mods ATI drivers like the omegas. They definitely have their own little cult following, and they release 1 for every Catalyst release. They also come with ati tray tool and some other very interesting features. Like "insane fps" and an install just to boost performance with the HL2 and Source engines. Also, a good website/forum in general. So has anyone tried them?

http://www.dna-drivers.nl/

veryhumid said:
Stumbled across someone who mods ATI drivers like the omegas. They definitely have their own little cult following, and they release 1 for every Catalyst release. They also come with ati tray tool and some other very interesting features. Like "insane fps" and an install just to boost performance with the HL2 and Source engines. Also, a good website/forum in general. So has anyone tried them?

http://www.dna-drivers.nl/

For me, they definitely weren't!!! Because they the one I downloaded refused to install, with the message saying that it didn't find any compatible display adapters on my system!!! WTB?!!! I dunno why, exactly.

RJARRRPCGP said:
For me, they definitely weren't!!! Because they the one I downloaded refused to install, with the message saying that it didn't find any compatible display adapters on my system!!! WTB?!!! I dunno why, exactly.

W()()t vermonter! I used to live in burlington, middlebury, shelburne... and was hunting on belvidere moutain this past weekend!

They seem to have a handful of loyal customers, and the fact that they have a bunch of top scores on ORB tells me they must be doing something right. I'm too scared to try them until I hear something good about them ;)

There is a review that compares Omegas to Cats to DNAs.

I have a feeling DNAs sacrifice video quality though, if they are getting scores like that, or those are just "optimized" drivers for 3dmark

So if it ain't broke don't fix it! I'll stick with my omegas until the newer cats come along. If you find that review any time, feel free to post!

Back