• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf3 250gb with an AMD64 3400+ problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD643400+

I need some help, I just got a new DFI Lanparty UT nf3 250gb motherboard and an AMD 64 3400+ cpu, I have installed them, and now I'm trying to boot up and install WinXP Pro but I keep getting errors, like some files aren't coping correctly or it wont detect my hard drives.

I have set up in bio's my first boot devise as the removable, and my second boot devise as the cd rom and my third boot devise as my hard disk.

I go into the windoes setup and hit f6 to install the RAID drivers then when it gets to the formatting drive part it fine until it gets to the coping files part.

Am I doing something wrong?
What do I need to do to install WinXP onto my new setup?

DFI LanParty nf3250gb
AMD Athlon 64 3400+
160 gb Western Digital
120 gb Seagate
512mb ram
ATI 9600 pro 256mb

Thanks

Had the exact same problem yesterday.
Internet searches pointed towards storage driver problems.
I had a CD-ROM and DVD-ROM/CD-RW on my Primary IDE as master and slave, with my hard drives both SATA configured as RAID 0.

The CD-ROM was an older one that I pulled out of another machine, so it was the first thing I tried to change. I unplugged it from the board and made sure the DVD/CD-RW was in the first cable position and that solved the problem for me.

To clarify, I could get all the way to the setup file copy and it would freeze on the same files every time.

I like to identify the problem, even if it means trying 'test setups'.

1. Make absolutely sure that you are 'F6-ing' the correct RAID drivers during setup. Try some different, more current, or downloaded ones.
2. If you have any other CD-Roms or variants on hand, try replacing yours with that and see if setup works (even if it isn't what you want in the machine)
3. Try other RAID configurations: no RAID, just using the SATA I/O, etc.

Good Luck,

...Joey

In addition to what has already been mentioned. . .

Could it be a bum Windows CD? I have had that happen before.

Just a thought.

Odie :)

yeah. to raid you need drives with matching transfer rate support, matching size and matching cache space.

also, if you aren't installing raid drivers from a floppy before the install, then once it copies the windows installation folders and tries to boot from the hard drive, it will stop working properly. also, which socket is the processor running on? is it a 754 or a 939?

if it's the old 754 then you're more likely to have problems with it, although it still should work just fine installing an operating system to raid.

I guarantee it's your memory. That motherboard is picky about the ram it will take. I know, my buddy just bought one and we had the exact same problems you are experiencing. It wouldn't take overclocked PC2700, then it wouldn't take PC3200, but it would take PC3700. It didn't make any sense. Get a new mobo. Switch to the Asus and it'll work out for you.

The same thing happened to me when I was trying set up a RAID 0 on an MSI K8N Ne02 Pltinum with two matching WD800JD HD's. I would hit the F6 key to install the NvRaid and the Nv Storage controller(s) drivers. It would get to the Setup screen at just stop. I was adviced by a friend to use SATA 3 & 4. I found that using SATA 1 & 2 allowed the Windows Setup to continue after pressing F6 and installing the RAID drivers. Just thought I'd share.

Back