• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest Stable, Prime Stable, but 3DMarks01 = no o

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CDL0012

Registered
Memtest Stable, Prime Stable, but 3DMarks01 = no no

I am wondering if anyone else runs into the problem where memtest is stable and prime95 is stable, but whenever i try to load 3Dmarks01se, it will reboot the machine halfway when the logo appears. But I need to supply more volts to get it to be 3DMarks01se stable...

I thought if i'm memtest/prime95 stable, it should run 3Dmarks01se perfectly... its just odd that i need to add more juice just to get that application running.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

PSU issue? I think I have the same problem but I get blue screen about every 3 weeks and I notice on my MBM5 that my +12V rail jumps too much from 11.40 to 11.70.I'm prime stable and mem86 stable. I'm getting a new psu.

Funny thing is, is that I sent in my Fortron 530 PSU back to NewEgg, and this is a brand new replacement they sent me.

wannaoc said:
Maybe your 6800 just can't handle the clocks it is set to. Try lowering the clocks on it and see if that helps. It is a softmod afterall.

When stock, the card can handle the clocks just fine and I can push them further. So this shouldn't be an issue. If I raise my Vcore, I could load 3DMarks, but if prime95 and memtest pass without any problems, what makes 3DMarks01 a more demanding application than those two?

It just is more demanding. There is more stress on the mobo & CPU from running the Vid card. Try raising the AGP & or Chipset voltage a little, that might help.

I have seen a lot of peps have to turn fast wright off for the 6800, this could help also.

SJ

Samurai Jack said:
It just is more demanding. There is more stress on the mobo & CPU from running the Vid card. Try raising the AGP & or Chipset voltage a little, that might help.

I have seen a lot of peps have to turn fast wright off for the 6800, this could help also.

SJ

Fast write has been turned off and chipset voltage is set to 1.7v, and the agp is set to the stock 1.5v where as the card only consumes 1.4v. Thanks for the reply!

Yes I am running mine at 1.9v & 1.8v - Chipset & AGP. I also found with my Vid Card it likes 72 MHZ AGP bus speed with the extra voltages. This made things very stable for me & the AGP voltage even effects the chipset.

Ofcoures there is many things that can get involved with this. Even Ram timings & settings. 3D seems to be alittle hard to get stable with some combos on this board & the 6800 seems to be one of the hardcases from what I have seen.

But still like I said running 3D apps really stresses things. If you back down your clock do you get the same trouble.

I myself am not afraid to run high Vcore as long as things are cool enough. Its when you add that next little bit of voltage & the temp takes a larger jump that kinda says your going to far.

With so many ajustments in bios it seems that sometimes there are some crazy fixes with these rigs. But when all ironed out they run very sweat & strong.

As far as your PSU I would think you are fine there myself. I have one CDrom that if I run it on this board it causes BSOD & I have never seen this happen over a CDrom. I guess the more advanced things get the more there is that can cause problems.

Good Luck & let us know what fixes it & ask anymore question if you need or let us know what you try that dont work.

SJ

just commin from someone i was having a very similar problem with my leadtek 6800 gt....i up'd my agp voltage .1v and it was all gravy train from there....now processor stability is a diff story for me :cry:

Hot damn!

Well heres the new updated story on my overclocking issues.

Everything seems to be stable so far...

A64 3000+ running at 2.5 gighz 10x250 1:1 2x512mb Kingston BH-5 2-2-2-10 with CPC ON!!! (Jess's BH-6/5 Ram settings, thanks!)

Vcore = 1.89v
Vdimm = 3.3v
Chipset = 1.7v
AGP = 1.6v

I'm really impressed that the computer is holding up well... going to test out Doom 3 and see how she performs. :-D

Still idles around 29C and 39C load... I too came to the conclusion that it was too many volts for an A64, however from the majority of responses to similar questions about the limitations of the A64, most said that as long as the temperatures stay cool, it will be fine, but general rule of thumb is not to exceed 2 volts.

Last edited:
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to apply 1.8v on the CPU to get it to go. I'm also watercooled and see about the same temps. :-/

Back