• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wonder how steam will react

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acesea

Check this out..
An individual tries to sell steam account :
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/showthread.php?t=114653&page=1&pp=15&highlight=steam
Another fellow gamer reports him:
http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=173466

I was browsing those threads recently to check up the status of connecting onto steam and being able to dl hl2 and i just thought that this is utterly hilarious. At first I was skeptical about getting steam, but now this is just ridiculous. Luckily I backed out of paying for the steam game last minute when I read that most people are unable to play.
I have been following the posting on forums lately to see whats been going on and I just find this all too funny and even sad.
Myself truthfully, I think its gotten to the point of it just being sad on valve's behalf to half *** the debut of the game in such a way. They have absolutely no excuses at this point in time, after all the crap surrounding the previous delay. What ticks me off even more is when I see people coming to vent out in forums and whatnot and you get these other individuals that say everyone's over reacting, etc.
Personally I couldnt think that this is more further from the truth. I have already made my decision that as a consumer I'm not gonna buy into such a flawed product just because of the hype and my inability to make decisions on whats worth purchasing.
I cant imagine what a lot of people are thinking right now, especially those who aren't familiar with online forums and all the up to the minute info, after they bought the game and cant play it. I bet theres peeps out there that dont have internet and didn't think theyd need it to play a game that they just physically bought.

On top of that, I am pretty damn sure there are a lot of people out there that are certain they can sell the game, when in truth valve prohibits them from even that :eh?: . Wait, and for a second there you thought you actually bought the game with your own cash. So where did it go? And hold up, now they say you can't even tell valve that you're real pissed off? F that.

Sorry for the stupid rant and long post, but I just gotta say one last thing, honestly, valve had too know that they really couldn't mess this up, there was no room for it. But i think they really did, bad, and steam which was 'spose to prevent piracy probably has now caused more people to goto illegal means to get the game than to buy it legit. done

You pretty much summed up my feelings about Valve and Steam as well. While I want to play Half Life 2, I despise what they have done with Steam, and requiring you to go through Steam to play the single player.

Shame on them if they get shafted on the deal and try to go around and cry about it. I don't get it, why not buy it as legit? You get true tech support if you ever need it. Of course, the way most of the mods has been acting, this thread will be locked soon because there is an official steam thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back