• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti/BOINC News

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Ulli

November 17, 2004 - 20:00 UTC
The upload/download disk array has been well-behaved over the past week, so we have moved on to other hardware projects.

We are in the process of moving the alpha/beta test projects over to a new linux system. This will allow us to test our whole server suite on a platform other than solaris. As well, since the system is completely detached from everything else, if our public projects go down, the alpha/betas will still remain active (and vice versa).

As part of SETI@home classic ramping down, we are busy cleaning up the old on-line database (an intemediary database that doesn't exist in BOINC) as well as preparing a new master database that will contain classic and BOINC SETI@home data on a system with higher capacity/throughput. We are also planning for much more capacity/throughput on the main BOINC database (adding hardware raid, a db replica server, etc.).

We are still far from forcing old SETI@home users to move over to BOINC. When BOINC is poised to take on 500,000 more users, we'll throw the switch.

so it is Time to swich to BOINC i think....

Sir Ulli

I would if I wasn't already. I've only had a short time without work since I came on a couple months ago. Plus I like how BOINCView shows me all my computers from one, an excellent tool.

Back