• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

psu review,these guy`s know

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
seems like a good review, but its old (not to say powersupplies have changed much)
how much are you looking to spend?

PC power&cooling is the best no questions asked but costs an arm and a leg

if you're looking for something not as expensive, fortron cant be beat.

i would love to get a pcp&c,but to much$$$,so it`s fortron 530 or antec 550 true power,dont see to many reviews on fortron,seen alot of good stuff about antec. can get these for under 100 bucks,i here some good things about sparkle. but then i saw some where that they just started making psu`s.
dont know if it`s true or not.dont want to take any chances,i guess ill go with the antec 550 true power,this site rocks for info on everything,i learn so much from you guy`s thanks for everything.

I would be willing to bet you would get more people telling you to choose the forton 530 over then Antec 550. I am sure Wolf will chime in here soon with his always helpful recommendations.

There is one Fortron in that review (cough*Zalman*cough), and holds up pretty well amidst the competition. Sparkle is part of Fortron Source, so they've been in the PSU racket for quite some time ;)

The True 550w should serve you well provided it's the newer one with 30a at 12v - hard to make recommendations on an unknown system, but I don't think the True will have any major trouble with most systems out there.

i guess ill go with the true 550,should be able to handle system no prob.
thanks for all the help guys.

asus radeon 9600xt 128mb/stock
thermaltake xaser111 tower case
2x80 gig maxtor diamondmax plus 9 sata (raid 0)
plextor 8x dvdrw px-708a/sw
asus cd-rom
psu was thermaltake 420wt (junk,junk,junk) need new one??
cpu IQYHA0401UPMW

Here's another push for antec550. I bought mine in august (upgraded from a true430) and indeed, the 12v is at 30a, which is plenty to power my newest upgraded, 6800 ultra. I highly recommend for its VERY quiet cooling and rock steady voltage lines.

You won't be disappointed.

Back