• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S, NF7-SG, NF7-S2...differences

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FM53

Registered
My NF7-S took a turn for the worse again. I've had it since last December and have had to replace the bios chip twice, the northbridge fan once, and now, I'm not sure what is causing it, but my cpu temps have started to rise (I have a Koolance sytem) and I am constantly/randomly experiencing system crashes and BSOD. I really don't care for ABIT's new eRMA policy of having to send them $7.00 to cover their PayPal costs, plus a $150.00 cross-shipping deposit and over a 10 day wait just for them to process the RMA, so, what I would like to do is just purchase another NF7 from NewEgg. But when I went to their site they had a choice of 3 different NF7 boards, with 3 varying prices. What I would like to know is what are the differences between the 3 that I listed above and which would be the preferred one? I have a Barton 3200, 1 gig of Mushkin PC 3500, Pro9800 and a 74 gig Raptor. I guess I am confused with which would best marry up with the Serial ATA.

Thanks for any help,
Jim

Last edited:
The NF7-S2 does not have firewire or soundstorm.

The NF7-S2G, same as above but with gigabit lan.

In This thread they're said to not oc as good as the NF7-S 2.0.
doesn't handle low-latency ram well, has a much lower overclock capability, and i believe the voltage choices are more limited. there's probably more, but whatever. the board isn't bad, it's just not good for overclocking.

No BIOS level multiplier adjustment
Only +15% BIOS vcore increase in sparadic incraments
No CAS2 option
No Soundstorm

But it does have 3.2 vdimm option, but its not enough for most people to go for the -S2x over any rev2 NF7/-S.

I'd buy the NF7-S rev.2. The others won't overclock at all, and the NF7-S is has been one of the best socket A overclockers ever. Pick it up and don't look back.

Back