• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc_byagi

Hi, I just started folding 2 days ago, and today I finished my first work, but problem is that the program does not find the next work. It says:
Error: Attempt # to get work failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry.

Please help me out.

Umm, cable connection through wireless router. I just need to find out why the program can't get the work off the server.

[00:41:53] - Error: Attempt #14 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[01:29:58] + Attempting to get work packet
[01:29:58] - Connecting to assignment server
[01:29:58] - Successful: assigned to (171.65.103.156).
[01:29:58] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[01:29:58] Loaded queue successfully.
[01:29:59] + Could not connect to Work Server
[01:29:59] - Error: Attempt #15 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[02:17:59] + Attempting to get work packet
[02:17:59] - Connecting to assignment server
[02:18:00] - Successful: assigned to (171.65.103.156).
[02:18:00] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[02:18:00] Loaded queue successfully.
[02:18:00] + Could not connect to Work Server
[02:18:00] - Error: Attempt #16 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

That server is ONLINE, not loaded and accepting packets, according to Stanford.

Try using the -config flag, and set it to use internet explorer settings to connect throught the internet.

-Sam

samuraisam said:
That server is ONLINE, not loaded and accepting packets, according to Stanford.

Try using the -config flag, and set it to use internet explorer settings to connect throught the internet.

-Sam
ummm how do I use the config flag.... sorry, I'm a newbie.

First of all, what client are you using?

If you're using the Graphical Client, its as simple as right clicking the folding icon in your system tray, click on configure. Go to connection settings (or some equavalent tab) and check the box for that very option (use IE settings).

If you're using the console version, find your shortcut for the console (or create one), and right click, hit properties and it should look like this in the "Target" field: "C:\PATH_TO_FOLDING@HOME\FAH502-Console.exe" WITH QUOTES

Now, to config, add this: -config to the end, so it looks like this: "C:\PATH_TO_FOLDING@HOME\FAH502-Console.exe" -config

Make sure you add the [space]config just after the quoatations, and make sure to leave the quotations. Now hit ok, restart the folding client USING THAT SHORTCUT, and you'll go back through the setup procedure, and be sure to note to change it to use the IE settings for internet connection.

When you're done re-configuring, be sure to remove that flag.

To make you fold better/faster and get more information about what's going on, research the other flags such as -forceasm and -verbosity 9 on the stanford website, here: http://folding.stanford.edu/console-userguide.html

-Sam

Back