• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everest and sandra report different command rates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fangs404

i seem to be having a problem with my command rates. i'm running what should be a cpc-on bios (1T command rate). everest reports it as 1T, but sandra reports it as 2CMD. why would there be a difference? these do mean the same thing, right? i've got the system in my sig.

sandra is kinda weird, for instance if i change the bios on the fly with clockgen(up the fsb), sandra will only show the original frequency i booted up with and not the new freq . if u have the capability to change the command rate on the fly(not rebooting) that could be ur prob.

flapperhead said:
sandra is kinda weird, for instance if i change the bios on the fly with clockgen(up the fsb), sandra will only show the original frequency i booted up with and not the new freq . if u have the capability to change the command rate on the fly(not rebooting) that could be ur prob.

nah, it's not on the fly. i'm flashing the bios each time. do you know of another program that'd give more information of memory timings and command rates and such that i could compare those timings to?

Everest/Sandra does the same for me. Everest is 1T, Sandra is 2CMD.

Do some benchmarks and you should be able to tell the difference if it is actually at 1T or not.

Back