• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E Engineering Sample For Sale???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChuckS

Last edited:
ChuckS said:
Saw this on Ebay and was wondering if it's for real or not. There's a nice readable pic of the chip, but the text is not in English, so for all I know the guy's telling me how stupid I am in Norwegian... What do you think? I mean about the chip, not how stupid I am... I have a wife to tell me that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80143&item=6723887767&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

looks genuine to me, but there really isnt a way to know. u could always translate the page into english using an online translator...

Why in the name of God would he post all that in a language no one can understand? And he registered in the USA, too.......

At least he could have babelfished it before posting......

Well, it is illegal to sell engineering samples that are younger than 3 years old.

Engineering samples are usually the first revisions, so they don't overclock too well. There's really no benefit in getting one. If your in it for the overclocking its definately better getting the latest revision and not bothering with the bus ratio.

The seller obviously doesn't know too much about selling stuff. He doesn't even have the words "Intel", "Pentium", or "P4" in his title.

Also, the only feedback he's given is NEGATIVE. That bothers me. He has low feedback, and gives negative feedback every 1 out of 7 auctions. And another, older account. :/

Dunno guys, might still be a hoax?! He's talking about a certain BIOS version displaying it as a 2.8E on an IC7-MAX3 board. He's also comparing the chip to the SL7B8 S-spec which is a standard C0 3.2E able to run with a 14x multi on older BIOSes...

If it doesnt really clock that well, its a sad deal - hoax or not...

Back