• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Triple Boot possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, I run WindowsXP Pro all day long, I was thinking about going to Windows64bit to give it a try and whatnot. I also want to run Windows 2000. Is it possible to triple boot?
Windows XP Pro
Windows XP 64Bit
Windows 2000

Very possible. I've had as many as 5 OS' on a single system. I've never tried three Windows operating systems at the same time though. The five were XP Pro, 98se, Fedora, Mandrake, Redhat. I did however use LILO Or GRUB (boot loader, I can't remember which), for OS boot selection. There was a kid that did a project and had over 30 OS' on a single system. The only unknown in your case would be XP 64-bit. But, I don't think it would make too much of a difference.

Thanks - I just want to try Windows 64bit, see if there is really a differnce, and Windows 2000 I want to see how high I can get my score in 3DMark 01

Like I said earlier your only issue will be installing 2k after xp. xp64 might react the same way. My advice would be install 2k then xp then xp-64. However since you have xp already installed I say go for it and we'll troubleshoot from there. Moste we will have to do is modify the boot ini file.

Back