• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cs:s Big Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delljunks

I can't retrieve a list of rooms in game, hafta use Steam to find them.

and once i double click one, they all fail to connect after 4 tries.

i've tried turning off all firewalls and plugging directly into my modem (cable), no luck.

wtf is this? i am so pissed off. haven't been able to play yet.

and i BOUGHT the game

Let me see if I can clarify this: You have to quit CS:S to join games?

hm... i /would/ suggest you take this to the steampowered forums, but they don't seem to be of much help these days. You might have more luck looking this up at www.halflife2.net 's forums.

so steam connects online and everything, but when you go into cs and search for rooms, nothing shows up? did you try changing the filters?

i can not get a list of rooms within cs:S but i can on the steam app.

and when i do double click a room on the steam app and it launches cs:s, none of them connect.

First off, you need to relax. It won't work any faster if your frusterated and mad. Try restarting the computer, or even re-installing CS:s. Also, try changing the filters up. I know with CS, i've sometimes seen no servers, but a few tweaks with the filters would work

Also.. make sure you're attempting to connect to a server that you're getting a low ping from. The 40ms - 60ms range is usually perfectly smooth for me. I haven't had any problems getting into CSS servers yet. Make sure you're trying to connect to a server you can actually get a ping from.

Is it JUST me, or is every server for CS:S insecure? Weird but a good time for hackers to have fun I suppose.

Have you tried the steampowerd forums? Perhaps they have a thread already there or will be able to help you more than anyone here?

yeah, I've seen one speed hacker, it's so dumb and obvious, makes no sense to me, btw I'm awesome at source :) I just went 44-3 on d2 w000t

Cough*hacker*Cough! Just kidding...

I hate it though when people call you hacking, but it's just you going on a kiling spree!

Ace

Actually i think the original cs had ALOT more haxer than source infact i havent really seen a haxer yet .. hey maybe we should play togheter some day :p

I've seen a speed hacker. It was dust and T's were just rushing outa their spawn, I head straight out and was about to duck behind the car at the top of the bridge when I see this thing go by ahead of me into this little alcove to the right. I pulled out my autosnipie and checked and there was a CT already behind the 2 barrels, total speed hack, T's were just rushing out of spawn and he was already there, blew him away though and he was dead and then promptly quit.

Captain Newbie said:
I've seen several hackers in Source. Remember: Don't let the fuxors get you down =)

Speedhackers are lame.
I've seen at least one a day now...god. How I hate cheaters, the funny thing is that I managed to outscore some of them :).

Back