• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone beat this benchmark?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNCOOLED

Disabled
I just want to hear from Intel users and AMD but no FX55's . I know those are faster

Trying to debate if i should upgrade.
thanks

9846benchesnew.JPG

9846Bench_at_4200mhz.JPG

I typed out a reply before i noticed "no FX-55 users"......lol

My 3.9GHz Intel actually holds pretty well with my FX-55 in *most* things (at stock of course). A high overclocked Intel would take my vote tbh, i just love HT, it's so nice. I use my Intel rigs for daily use just because of how good it feels in windows. Load up a game, now that's another story :p

Sucka said:
I typed out a reply before i noticed "no FX-55 users"......lol

My 3.9GHz Intel actually holds pretty well with my FX-55 in *most* things (at stock of course). A high overclocked Intel would take my vote tbh, i just love HT, it's so nice. I use my Intel rigs for daily use just because of how good it feels in windows. Load up a game, now that's another story :p

Cool so your saying HT is really good. I might just take that as advice and not upgrade to a fx55. a grand is alot of money for a cpu and mobo!

But yeah this computer seems fast to me , i just dont see myself spending that money now.

AZNCOOLED said:
Cool so your saying HT is really good. I might just take that as advice and not upgrade to a fx55. a grand is alot of money for a cpu and mobo!

But yeah this computer seems fast to me , i just dont see myself spending that money now.

My memory bandwidth (all be it 275 x 2) is way higher than that. CPU marks on that synthetic bench aren't far off at all though. My super-pi is 29secs, ect. The FX-55 is really nice, but performance/price, i would probably go with a 3500+ .90

Sucka said:
My memory bandwidth (all be it 275 x 2) is way higher than that. CPU marks on that synthetic bench aren't far off at all though. My super-pi is 29secs, ect. The FX-55 is really nice, but performance/price, i would probably go with a 3500+ .90

So you think i should get a 3500+?
I kinda wanna get a Fx55 , do you think its worth the 800 bucks?

AZNCOOLED said:
So you think i should get a 3500+?
I kinda wanna get a Fx55 , do you think its worth the 800 bucks?

What kind of cooling are you planing to use? What type of budget do you have? It's hard for me to reccomend a $850 chip if you're on a tight budget. I work very hard for my money, and spend it accordingly :beer:

The FX-55 is all it's hyped up to be, and more if clocked properly, but the 3500+ .90 is no slouch, if money is an issue, that's the way i would go. If not, i would go for a FX-55. If you're patient, i would wait till years end and see what NF4/pci-e does on the AMD's. Not to mention the next FX should see .90, could be worth waiting for, esspecially since you have a 4.2 Intel to hold you over :p

Back