• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make a bootable DVD from three install cd ISO's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stockhatch

I have the three install ISOs for Novell desktop, but Im out of CDs LOL. I was wondering if I can combine the images onto one DVD, make it bootable and install from it? I would have to make the image in Windows because thats all I have installed on any of my machines at this point. If this is relatively simple, I may start doing it for all my distros to save burning so many CDs.

Thanks,

AC

you would need to tell the installer that once disc one was done - and it prompts to disk 2 to look in X directory - not sure how u may do that :(

I dont know how you would go about it - unless CD1 was burned to DVD with the ISOs for CD2 and CD3 as files on the disk - mount the ISOs using the loopback device and tell the installer to look where you mounted them?

Well I know its possible to do this with RedHat pretty easily by modifying the diskinfo file, but I dont see one on the Novell ISOs. Im sure there is a similar process for any distro, but Im too lazy to find it or experiment with my expensive DVDs lol. At any rate, I ended up bumming some CDs from my neighbor and am writing this from my Novell desktop :D I havent totally gone through it, but it seems like it is a pretty dang nice distro with alot of useful apps. At the same time, its not totally bogged down with redundant apps or developers tools(this is a desktop distro after all) and was a pretty slim 1.6GBs with everything installed.

AC

Back