• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFSU2 pic...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tatuya said:
It's japanese, yes.

so all japanese cars are ricers? I thought ricers were the cheap civics and stuff... but the 350Z @ $35K I just didnt expect it to be a ricer :-/ I will have to go make fun of my mom for driving a ricer then :D :eek: :p

dreIU said:
so all japanese cars are ricers? I thought ricers were the cheap civics and stuff... but the 350Z @ $35K I just didnt expect it to be a ricer :-/ I will have to go make fun of my mom for driving a ricer then :D :eek: :p
I see what you mean but around here my asian friends and I (the white guy in the group) just call them all rice burners or ricers. 350Zs are nice but I'd go with the Infiniti G35 :) or just go ahead and get a BMW M5...sexy :drool:

Tatuya said:
I see what you mean but around here my asian friends and I (the white guy in the group) just call them all rice burners or ricers. 350Zs are nice but I'd go with the Infiniti G35 :) or just go ahead and get a BMW M5...sexy :drool:

did the new body style M5 come out yet? I liked the old one, but this new body style is just hawtness :drool:

didn't you guys learn anything from fast and the furious? lol.

seriously watch the scene where the supra makes the ferrari guys look like yuppies. that is what is about. less money, more speed. Sure you can do it with a non-rice car, but you are starting with a higher priced car and going the same place.

can't wait for my copy to show up! curse you express saver shipping! ;)

Any oriental import car that has been modified for no real performance gain....

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster...

ricer:adjective, someone with extremely bad taste in cars.

I was hoping the 350z (stock) was not a stupid ricer.

veryhumid said:
didn't you guys learn anything from fast and the furious?

No, that movie was an insult. period.

its not like all the upgrades you do are cheap though on ricers, so why not just save your money and get something better like a viper. I want a new racing game that comes out that uses really nice fast cars, viper gtsr, ferrari enzo, etc. maybe i havent been paying much attention to racing games on the PC but nfsu seems to be the only recent one out, (while there are things like colin macrae which are fun, but im looking at something more like the old nfs games or gt3)

the game is pretty fun though, and to tell the truth if i had the money i would get a subaru wrx, but thats because its the best sports car i can think of that still performs really well in the snow

verdict: good game, crappy culture

edit: i dont consider things like the 350z ricers, but there also not top of the line sports cars

TheGreySpectre said:
its not like all the upgrades you do are cheap though on ricers, so why not just save your money and get something better like a viper. I want a new racing game that comes out that uses really nice fast cars, viper gtsr, ferrari enzo, etc. maybe i havent been paying much attention to racing games on the PC but nfsu seems to be the only recent one out, (while there are things like colin macrae which are fun, but im looking at something more like the old nfs games or gt3)

the game is pretty fun though, and to tell the truth if i had the money i would get a subaru wrx, but thats because its the best sports car i can think of that still performs really well in the snow

verdict: good game, crappy culture

edit: i dont consider things like the 350z ricers, but there also not top of the line sports cars

GT4 will be out soon. That should be good.

i never changed cars once and beat the whole game with a civic....then i created my Escalade..it is the sweetest ever

TheGreySpectre said:

the upgrades are still a lot cheaper than a high perfomance car though, for like 40k including the car you can take a car like a civic, neon, focus, etc and turn it into a car that will out-perform a 90k viper, altermativly you can take a 90k viper and put about 60k more into it and outperform a 750k enzo, it depends on what you can afford, in most cases you can take a cheap car and make it outperform a high perfomance car for less money.

personaly I love the NFSU games, the race games with the high end cars that 99.9% of us can't afford have been done to death and most of them are so boring and repetitive like the original NFS games, I find NFSU a lot more fun cause it's using cars people can realiticaly afford and you get to customize and tune your car just how you want it.

im just wondering in the real life arnt the suvs they give you (navigator, escalade, and H2) more expensive than any of the other cars, arnt those all like $50,000 SUVs and if they are why cant you buy a $50,000 sports car instead of just like $35,000 sports car

Back