• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest question nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yo4444

I'm wondering what errors in test 7 of memtest would indicate? I know 4 is primarily cpu related, 5 is general mem related, and 6 is usually tras related, but I have no clue what 7 would indicate. Ran 20 passes last night got 20 errors in 5 and 100 in 7. 1 error per pass in 5 is ok, but the 5 per pass in 7 is too high.
running 2x512 corsair vs dual channel
2.5-3-3-11, 2.9vdimm, 240 fsb, cpu not maxxed for memtest runs

From the memtest website:
Test 7 [Random number sequence]

This test writes a series of random numbers into memory. By resetting the seed for the random number the same sequence of number can be created for a reference. The initial pattern is checked and then complemented and checked again on the next pass. However, unlike the moving inversions test writing and checking can only be done in the forward direction.

Thats all I can find on the site that would indicate what test 7 actually tests. Have you tried different RAM sticks? Different slots? Different speeds and timings?

David said:
From the memtest website:

Thats all I can find on the site that would indicate what test 7 actually tests. Have you tried different RAM sticks? Different slots? Different speeds and timings?
slots arent a problem , nor the sticks, as they both run error free at other speeds. I'm just trying to get my fsb higher, and a wondering which settings I need to tweak to eliminate these errors at that fsb.

Does anybody know what errors in test 7 wouold indicate? Im googling, searching.. I even checked my own bung, but I cant find the answer...

Back