• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 pro issue???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MOS90

Registered
9700 pro issue ????

i just finished assembling my new system. asus p4c800e-d m/b , 1g geil dual channel pc 3200. p4 3.2g prescott. im using my old stock 9700 pro which worked just fine in my other system.

the problem im having is when im playing a game, everything seem to be working fine. good fps and so on. all of a sudden everything goes black, it just seems like the video card just quits. one time i did get a message that said "vpu hardware failure, software mode enabled, to enable hardware please reboot system". i tried different drivers and go good. everything is set at default. i changed the agp setting to 4X instead of 8X but the 9700 should support 8X, right? it seems to only do it when under gaming load. the fan it working ok and the temps dont go much over 110* f.

what could possibly be wrong???

sorry posted in wrong forum..........

i just finished assembling my new system. asus p4c800e-d m/b , 1g geil dual channel pc 3200. p4 3.2g prescott. im using my old stock 9700 pro which worked just fine in my other system.

the problem im having is when im playing a game, everything seem to be working fine. good fps and so on. all of a sudden everything goes black, it just seems like the video card just quits. one time i did get a message that said "vpu hardware failure, software mode enabled, to enable hardware please reboot system". i tried different drivers and go good. everything is set at default. i changed the agp setting to 4X instead of 8X but the 9700 should support 8X, right? it seems to only do it when under gaming load. the fan it working ok and the temps dont go much over 110* f.

what could possibly be wrong???

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Usual things:
- Latest drivers?
- Overclocked at all?
- Game patched to latest version?

It seems like a driver or heat issue to me - is the 110*F the GPU temp?

i tried the newest drivers and no good there. i had the system overclocked but put it back to stock settings. i wonder if i did damage when overclocked. this new m/b that i have has the ai overclocking and all i did was set it to 10% overclock and changed nothing else. the game has current patches.

yes 110* is the gpu temp. not 100% sure how accurate the temp sensor is but if anything is a little on the low side, so i may be even hotter.. i dont remember it running that hot with my old m/b. just at idle im reading 92*f.

Got a spare card you can test the rest of the PC with? If another card works OK then you know yours is faulty.

i do have a spare. its not as good but it will work.

i relocated the temp sensor for the gpu. i taped it right on the exact opposite side of the gpu fan. and at right now its reading 106* f. it that too hot?

it only crashes if i put it in 8Xagp. if i run in 4X it is fine.. weird...

Back