• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linksys BEFSR41 v3 SMTP error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daegon

I can recieve mail using mozilla's mail app, but I cannot send to an SMTP server. I have seen this issue resolved for the V1 and 2 versions of this router by restoring an older version of the firmware, yet that version is not compatible with my router.

Have you made sure port 25 is not being blocked in the router's options? You could try setting port forwarding for that one as well, although I'm not certain it would work for outgoing unless the router allows you to specify either way.

done and done, still no go. However, at this point i'm fairly certain the problem lies not with the router. I hooked up the laptop directly to the ADSL modem (provided so kindly by earthlink.net) and still had the same problem. The only feasable alternative is that the connection is being refused. Thanks for your help though.

Back