• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lineage II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winterhavok

How many others have played this game, whether on the pay server or through any of the numerous free servers that people are hosting? I find it to be a fun game, but there are a lot of things, in my opinion, that they could increase the gameplay and longevity of interest generated by the players.

It's fun for about a month, then the level grind just got to me. I don't really like the PvP system, in that a lot of high level jerks with nothing to do, can just go around ganking pretty much anybody and not pay any price. The questing is pretty much not there as well.

Amino said:
there are player run servers?

exactly what i was wanting to ask... can you provide any more info? hopefully discussion of this is within the outlined rules here.

Yes there are player run servers out there (if discussion to this degree is forbidden would a moderator would be so kind as to pm me about how I should go about it?). I am not going to give specific url's for these free servers, but check out the forums like you find on google searches or some people's homepages (alot like to advertise).

As far as liking it, I agree that alot of it is lacking and leaves quite a bit to be desired when it comes to the quests and level grind, but then again isn't that what most MMORPGs are all about? From what I heard they are suppose to be implementing a new dynamic storyline so that players and their actions/decisions shape the world.

The free servers are illegal, they are using software made by NC-Soft without approval.

The game is fun since you can affect the politics a lot, taxes are player controlled.

Last edited:
Technically it's not illegal, they are using the BETA client software which is free to the public and they are running the servers using java. Now if they were to make them using C++ or C# then yes, it would be in direct violation of NCSoft's copyright, ahh how people get around stuff.

winterhavok said:
Technically it's not illegal, they are using the BETA client software which is free to the public and they are running the servers using java. Now if they were to make them using C++ or C# then yes, it would be in direct violation of NCSoft's copyright, ahh how people get around stuff.

All the content in the game is the inttelectual property of NC, so any unauthorised use of it is illegal. Thats one of the things you pay for when buying it, the rights to use the content, the rest is for the service of being able to use those on their servers.

The beta client is downloadable, but any server that utlises any of the trademarks of NC is in violation.

Normally the private servers are configured so that its very easy to play, destroying the balance made by the company.

Oh I agree that player ran servers tend to unbalance the drop rates, but thats mainly because players tend to hate the low rates that the company sets forth. I am not exactly sure if its illegal to the point where NCSoft can sue the private servers, but thats each person's own decision.

Back