• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 1080 Case Airflow Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PresHOTT

Registered
First, does anyone know where to buy those purple fan holders that go on the 3.5 inch hdd/floppy trays? The case only comes w/ one and I would like to add another one.

Or is it possible to put a 92mm fan into the 3.5 hdd/floppy tray, but not at the back where the purple fan holder is, but at the front, so it would act as an intake fan blowing directly to the mb, ram?? This would be AWESOME!! :eek:

Finally, does anyone find the bottom intake fan useless? I find the side fan and the top 3.5 inch hdd/floppy fan make up for the bottom intake fan.

I found the fan bracket for the drive cage at antec's site. It's a reasonable 3.99, but the shipping was too expensive ($8?).
sxhdcfb.jpg

Does anyone have exp. using krazy glue to glue a 92mm fan on the drive cage? The drive cage looks like
sxhdcage.jpg

4 Zip ties and a couple of minutes of your time will allow you to mount a 92mm fan in the drive cage :)

Did it on my SX1080.

I second the zip tie idea. Zip ties are the best thing since...... well, sliced bread..... ;o)

mjw21a said:
I second the zip tie idea. Zip ties are the best thing since...... well, sliced bread..... ;o)

true that, And if you have uv lights,get the colored zip ties (found mine at home depot for a buck..) they glow like mad

I just use my black ones. No lights in my case, just going for quiet fans. I need to get rid of my PIPE101 and put a nice quiet Zalman in there though.....

Back