• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte K8NS--yea or nay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

I've decided to go AMD, for cost and the fact that this build (as it's for a course) needs to be finished somewhat soon (I'm shooting for Feb. as I also want to get it done). Any opinions on Gigabyte mobos? I'm looking at the K8NS on Directron. The only problem is I originally wanted a Geforce 6600 PCI-E, which this board doesn't support. Oh well...I can get 6800 in PCI, but I've read that the 6800's have display problems.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong subforum. Crap. Can this be moved?

Last edited:
If you got till Feb..I'd wait... Some of the nforce 4 boards are coming in Dec/Jan which will have pci-e and/or sli....which would take care of your video card problem....BUT do you want to spend the money on that (supposedly the Asus SLI nforce4 board will be $300+!). Gigabyte should have one out soon too...along with Abit (?)... maybe 1 or 2 others....

Back