• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scubydoo

Hey guys I am about to build a new computer. It will be a 2.8 GHz pentium with the 478 socket. I will be using a Asus P4c800-E Motherboard. Heres my question, Im looking to purchase a Nvidia 6800 based Video card. Im wondering about which Brand name to purchase. I'm looking at two different brand names. one is the PNY 6800 gt and the other brand is the EVGA 6800 gt card. I would appreciate if you guys who may own these cards could give me some feedback about the pros and cons of the two different cards. If you own and have had any problems with them please let me know to help me decide. Thank you for your time.

Both of those are well known board makers, and I doubt you will have problems with either board. The deciding factor should be price, and the software bundle. Unless one board offers a better cooler (look at the pictures online) they will be essentially identical... Cheers :santa2:

Back