• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer hiccups while burning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

I recently got a sony DW-U18A dvd burner. Now when I burn CDs with nero the computer starts going crazy. It never did this before. Whats up?
crazy.JPG

Are you burning CD's with your DVD burner? If so try burning with the CD BURNER and see if it does the same (that's if you have a CD BURNER ofcourse).

Welll I was burning mp3's awhile ago. This time I was burning knoppix to a CD. Burning a CD in a DVD burner shouldn't matter. Thats my point, when I burn my processor spikes like crazy, then it goes back down after burning is complete. (The picture dosn't show when I stopped burning, that little lowerage in paging file was me closing winamp)

Check for firmware updates for that Burner. Maybe they have a fix for that. Could be a bug of some sort.

OK I fixed it. I had installed the nvidia SW IDE drivers the last time I installed Windows. I have had nothing but trouble with them in the past. The standard windows ones work fine.

This time I uninstalled them and it nuked my C: drive. Windows would absoluty not boot up. Hard core blue screen of death. Safe mode didn't work either.

But I plan for things like this, I loose almost nothing with the root drive goes. I just used knoppix and grabbed anything I needed off of the C: drive. Everythings cool now.

Just remember guys for future reference, stay away from the Nvidia SW drivers.

Back