Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Mouseman+ Replacement

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 11-24-04, 03:42 PM Thread Starter   #1
ghastman
Registered

Mouseman+ Replacement

I use and love my Logitech Mouseman and Wingman mice. These are getting fairly old and am thinking of replacing them. I check regularly at Best Buy to find a mouse that feels good. The problem is that all new mice feel extremely narrow, and causes my hand to cramp very quickly.

What to the ex-Mouseman users of the world use now? What is the widest 3 button mouse out there? Or should I just go on an EBay binge and stock up, like I did with Model M keyboards?

Thanks for any insight.
Ghast
ghastman is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-28-04, 11:26 PM   #2
Chixofnix

i'm using a mouseman optical so i feel ya

i'm gonna upgrade someday to a logitech mx510 when i can get a a new blue one for less than 30 (counting shipping)... i've decided to go corded again - over the weight of batteries mostly... plus their cheaper w/ tails

i'm keeping my eyes open to the mx700/1000 though for a good deal

you're doing the smart thing by trying to hold em in your hand - but if you really don't like anything out there (though i can assure you you'll get used to most things like this over time - its like trying a new frame style for your glasses or something), and don't think you'll like it later after buying it... then why not stick with what you've got ?

if you want to upgrade coz it LOOKS like you've been using it the last ten years, consider dissasembling/cleaning/giving it a paint job

Current Rig: CPU: Phenom II X4 965BE, 3.4GHz RAM: OCZ 2x2Gb DDR3-1600 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770, 1Gb HDD: (1)Raptor 74Gb, (2)Seagate 250Gb, (1)WD Green 1.5Tb PSU: ENERMAX ELT620AWT-ECO, 620W MBD: Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H CASE: Antec P180

Previous Rig: CPU: Manchester A64 X2 3800+ w/ stock cooling RAM: 2x1Gb of generic DDR400 GPU: XFX 6800GS (AGP) PSU: Antec True380 PSU MBD: AsRock Dual939 SATA2 mobo (AGP+PCIe)

My Heatware
Chixofnix is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-29-04, 08:09 AM Thread Starter   #3
ghastman
Registered

Score!!! I just found a closet here at work with 15 brand new Compaq Mousemen mice, still wrapped and taped from the factory. The boss will let me have 'em if I replace with something!! I should be good now till I die.
ghastman is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.