• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jones soda at target

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberey66

Now we all the know the steriotype of overclockers, coders, and geeks drinking lots of coffee, and exotic sugary drinks... Local target store around me carries jones soda now. For those of you that never heard of it, try it. This is a deal because when you find places that have it, its usually high priced coffee houses for $2 for a bottle. At target it's $3.99 for a 12 pack in cans, or $3.something for 4 12oz bottles. So if you like jones pick up at case, or if you never tried them pick up a case of green apple, blue bubblegum, or fufuberry. I got a 12 pack of blue bubblegum, soooo good.

Buy a case for someone during the season :santa:

heh thnx never drank any of them sodas/caffeine drinks... jus a 9th grader not in the late study nights yet.. hope i never hafta.... is it legal to drink em under 18??? yeah sounds stupid but gotta b sure... wonder what happens if you drink like 4 of em at once... well drink some after turkey ppl.... turkey makes you sleepy... yep thas a fact

daniel_dynasty said:
heh thnx never drank any of them sodas/caffeine drinks... jus a 9th grader not in the late study nights yet.. hope i never hafta.... is it legal to drink em under 18??? yeah sounds stupid but gotta b sure... wonder what happens if you drink like 4 of em at once... well drink some after turkey ppl.... turkey makes you sleepy... yep thas a fact

LOL. You missed the good ole days when they made caffeinated water. Naturally, we used it to make coffee. :-D

i work at target, and i have not seen it...but we DO carry IBC root beer 32oz bottles for $1. Glass bottles, too...good stuff.

jones soda is the bomb. literally
last summer when i had summer school, i'd go to the local bagal place before classes started and picked up some jones w/my bagels for around $2 a bottle after taxes. I repeated this procedure during our class break and pretty much did it every day :cool:
that stuff is deffiently addicting..

Addicting it is.... I used to get it a long time ago all the time at my local skate shop for free. Yes free, they were VERY nice to local kids. Back then it seemed no one knew what jones even was.

daniel_dynasty, you have a few years to go for all nighters. It will depend on your major. I'm an engineering major, so I'm used to spending overnight in the lab doing work, and now jones soda will be my good friend. If you major in any sciences, you will probally be doing the same. If you do liberal arts or buisiness, you'll be staying up late and pulling all nighters, but for a different reason ;). Also freshman year is full of MANY all nighters, but only half of them or so are actually for work. The rest involve underage drinkings or just hanging out with friends. At least this was true for my freshman year, I miss it.

Anyways to stay on topic, $3.99 for a 12 pack is a steal.... $0.33 each compared to the $2 bottles in stores. Around here, NJ, its the same price as coke/pepsi. They didnt even charge sales tax on it, but thats a mistake, probally because they probally didn't think it was carbonated. I'm going to pick up like $50 worth of soda mixed with this and pepsi holiday spice. Just incase they stop selling jones at target, and for when they stop selling holiday spice.

DrSlinky said:
LOL. You missed the good ole days when they made caffeinated water. Naturally, we used it to make coffee. :-D

LMAO, they still make caffinated water, I saw it only once in a store though and that was a few years back. You can get it from thinkgeek, but I remember it being expensive. Haha, coffee made from caffinated water, I have to try that.

Is that Pepsi Holiday spice any good? I saw an ad for it and thought it sounded nasty but you never know with Pepsi. They wouldn't put something out that made people throw up.

enduro said:
Is that Pepsi Holiday spice any good? I saw an ad for it and thought it sounded nasty but you never know with Pepsi. They wouldn't put something out that made people throw up.

I hate pepsi, I cant stand it. I do love holiday spice though, it tastes a lot different. The only bad part is I have to leave my campus to get it, as it's illegal for any of the vendors on campus to sell anything except coke products. They can't even sell Red Bull, or gatoraid, or spring water. But most colleges are like that anyways. I dont mind, I'd go crazy if pepsi bought the exclusive rights to rutgers, because I love coke.

I drank 3 jones since I first posted this last night. :(

The only bad part is I have to leave my campus to get it, as it's illegal for any of the vendors on campus to sell anything except coke products. They can't even sell Red Bull, or gatoraid, or spring water.

You're referring to the almighty RU Screw, aren't you?

holy **** 3.99 for a 12 pack...damn im gonna check out my target for that.

Como said:
i work at target, and i have not seen it...but we DO carry IBC root beer 32oz bottles for $1. Glass bottles, too...good stuff.

I too work at Target and we have the Jones Sodas in stock. We have 5 flavors so far. Oh...and those $1 IBC rootbeers ROCK! The first time I drank one at work my boss thought I brought a beer into the store. LOL.

GerrFel said:
Is it legal to drink a beverage called fufuberry?

I drank nothing but fufuberry and occasional green apple back like almost 5-6 years ago when I first had jones... I believe 5-6 years, it may be even more, it was whenever unreal skate shop in central NJ first opened... Fufuberry is the best IMHO, but I think I've grown into the more adult tastes now. You know, blue bubble gum :clap:

Back to the coffee talk, are these sodas super-caffinated or something? I saw them at target but it didnt seem like they were promoted as any kind of energy drink, I like green apple soda but i'd only really be willing to pay 4 bucks for it if it had a kick. Anyone know?

elibfcrecs said:
Back to the coffee talk, are these sodas super-caffinated or something? I saw them at target but it didnt seem like they were promoted as any kind of energy drink, I like green apple soda but i'd only really be willing to pay 4 bucks for it if it had a kick. Anyone know?

I dont think they have caffeine, the only kick is the taste and sugar.

Back