• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP64 wont install *HELP*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tony420

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, BEFORE I GET ADDE
*edit* "Setup cannot format the partition:
Your computer may not have enough memory to perform this operation, or your windows cd-rom may contain some corrupt files"

Every time I try and setup XP64 It gets to picking the hard drive, then It says cannot find some information my harddrive's or setup cd may be damaged or somthing. Then it proceeds to copy files...And it it will not read random files and I have to press enter and it works the 2nd time every time, up untill it reaches Driver.cab and It will not copy driver.cab no matter what I do. I am trying w2k3sp1_1218_usa_x64fre_pro.iso and I have tried re-downloading and re-burning it 2 times. Anyone have any clue as to why this crap wont work?

Last edited:
question:

why do you even want to install it, considering there are almost no drivers, and the ones that are out, are pretty much all betas

I want to try it. And I have all the drivers I already need...

Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date. Many motherboards need a BIOS update in order to install/run 64bit OSes.

I'm assuming you're dealing with the hardware in your signature.

I have the latest bios. And yes this hardware...

Tony420 said:
*edit* "Setup cannot format the partition:
Your computer may not have enough memory to perform this operation, or your windows cd-rom may contain some corrupt files"

Every time I try and setup XP64 It gets to picking the hard drive, then It says cannot find some information my harddrive's or setup cd may be damaged or somthing. Then it proceeds to copy files...And it it will not read random files and I have to press enter and it works the 2nd time every time, up untill it reaches Driver.cab and It will not copy driver.cab no matter what I do. I am trying w2k3sp1_1218_usa_x64fre_pro.iso and I have tried re-downloading and re-burning it 2 times. Anyone have any clue as to why this crap wont work?

2x512 Mushkin PC3500 LII BH-5
BB-ATI 9800PRO, Audigy 2
2x40gb raid0 2+3, 1x80gb IDE1
52x32x52 8mb CDrw, 52x CDrom 2mb
My Heatware

Did you press F6 at the prompt early in the installation when it calls for any needed SCSI or RAID drivers? No RAID drivers = no recognized or properly configured hardrives needed to install OS on.

It does the same thing when trying to install on IDE...

And yes I loaded the drivers when trying on raid

Back