• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyl33t

i have a p4 3.20 ghz, and i need to measure the temperature. Currently im using mother board monitor (MBM5) and its saying my cpu is 25 degrees c.
Is that normal? I have a temperature probe, how can i use that?

andyl33t said:
i have a p4 3.20 ghz, and i need to measure the temperature. Currently im using mother board monitor (MBM5) and its saying my cpu is 25 degrees c.
Is that normal? I have a temperature probe, how can i use that?

Is that the square root of the temperature?

Unless you are using extreme cooling, or live in the arctic, that is not normal. Seems pretty low to me.

could be that motherboard monitor is reading case mobo temp and says cpu because i know that some times you have to set it up so that it reads correctly but that is low unless you got extreme cooling or have a pentium M that is low...

Yeah, open up the MBM Dashboard and look through all the temperatures displayed, if one of them isn't above your "CPU" temp then open up the settings, temperatures, and change the sensors around until you find a sensor that gives a good reading for a P4 (probably above 35 celsius). If you get negative numbers or just really wacky numbers, just move on to the next sensor.

Trios

Back