• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question concerning FPS...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tacman4

hey all,

i have a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and on CS: Source I hit around 53 fps stock. I overclocked my card using RivaTuner to 291:core and 571:clock. These speeds generated about 62 fps on the same game graphics settings. It seems that if I increase the mhz values, spots and line appear and start to flicker. I was wondering if there was any way to enhance my Direct3d settings so i could achieve higher quality models and keep the high fps or possibly increase it. The only thing im changing and saving is the core and memory values at this point. thanks,

Craig

Last edited:
dump it

dump it on ebay and treat yourself for the holidays with a 6600GT AGP or 9800PRO. ( Prices are falling rapidly on the 9800pro). The TI series is outdated and won't last you much longer.

"dump it on ebay and treat yourself for the holidays with a 6600GT AGP or 9800PRO. ( Prices are falling rapidly on the 9800pro). The TI series is outdated and won't last you much longer."

Yeah I agree to an extent. But if he's getting 53fps stock on the games he plays now, I say wait. When he gets a game that needs a newer card then get something that strikes the balance between price and performance. Buying a card you don't need now is just wasteful. :D

I myself just replaced my Ti4600 with a 680NU and softmoded it to get the 16 pipes and been bumping up the overclock slowly the last few days.

Back