• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about big packets.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtlee75

I am still new to this but if I do enable big packets does that mean it will stay idle if they are no bp wus available? Or will it just get another wu and keep folding as usual.

Big packets are enabled means you are willing to accept them. Yes, you will still get others.

Big packets (protien p13xx_) are in very short supply. Of the five instances of FAH I have running at home, configured to run bigpackets, all are folding p112_p678_L939_K12M_355K (a Tinker). Of the five bigpacket rigs at work, one has a bigpacket and 4 are folding Tinkers.

I only see the big packets once in a while. They make up about 30% of my points so I really do miss them.

I miss 'em a bunch. I even bought more RAM so I could run four of 'em concurantly on my Xeon duallie. They seemed to drop off a couple of weeks ago and now I just get gobs of 241 point Tinkers and my PPW has dropped 25%.

Back