• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless cAntennas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daniel_dynasty

Hey guys I saw one of the wireless cAntennas on ebay and decided to check it out on the sellers original website and I still seek more information regarding this type of technology. http://www.etherdesigns.com/pages/2/index.htm I was thinking about getting trhe deluxe 10'' one for a more precise focus but I seek your opinions. People that have this please post your opinions. And one more thing. For the first item on the page, the Deluxe one, does it CLEARLY state that you get a cable to connect it from the pci card to the cantenna? Thanks a lot guys

hmm ive been reading a lot on the "homebrewed" ones.. ima give it a try. No comments from anyone yet which seems weird... does anyone have any comment on building you own cantenna or buying the one i stated above?

It's just like anything that's home-made. You get to customize it all you like and build it cheaply, but you don't have a R&D team and years of testing to back you up... don't expect great signal.... on the other hand, for what you will be paying to make it yourself, you could buy a really crappy antenna.

If you just use a tin can or pringles can that's lying around, the total materials cost will be about $5 or so.

Back