• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED a one-click idle install!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I need a install of folding @ home that will only run when system is @ idle-away mode of let's say 5-15 min's is there a suck thing? Reason being I was told I could put this on 2 system's but I only want the system to run 100% folding when they are left unattended for a while. Then when they are back @ the pc the program will stop using cpu cycle's.

Jonspd

You could set up the folding at home screen saver, although I don't know about that software, it's pretty much a piece of junk from all that I have heard.

Edit: I know you said you wanted a one click, but I think this is the closest thing there is to what you want other then possibly doing the scheduled task like Nik said.

Last edited:
Not sure on how to set a task to start?

As for the screen saver it suck's IMO.

what exactly are the computers doing when they are used? the only time i have seen fah hurt performance is on some of the newer games. you can watch the task manager. when something even with "below normal" priority needs cycles, fah stops using cycles.

You have a few options. (Sorry, I don't know how to program a task, I just know how to use it.)

1. Try out the FAH screen saver. It only goes on when the screen saver normally does and you can set the time.

2. Try using the normal one-click and see if it even effects anything.

3. Go to Start Menu - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services, and shut down the FAH program manually when you want.

Ok guess let me try this alittle different.

Let's say you got a computer that belong's to someone who might know how to use task manger and stuff so if there on they would see the 99% cpu usage. So therefor I would like the program to only start when the computer is idle 15=30 top's and as soon as the user get's back the program stop's.

Back