• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good idea or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lithker

i found some barbs to put my maze4 on my 6800 like this
maze4_6800.jpg

but then i though about how that would decrease my flow. i thought of a different way. i would sand off the theads off the block and epoxy dangerdens high flow fittings in. then use smooth copper tubing 90's to make it like an elbow barb.

what do u guys think? would there be a performance gain? would the epoxy hold the barbs to the lucite top?

i know u guys are prob sick of me on this but i want to do it right the first time.

One or two 45s would be better if you have room I would cut of the elbow and make an adapter or place a strait tube that fits the stock hole before i would try to just glue things into place. If it wopuld help is anopther matter and depends on the other components in your system- it would help a lot more for a low head pump that has good flow in the rest of the system.

thanks for the input guys i just looking at the ID of the 1/4 NPT barb comparred to the dangerden high flow barb and thought i could make up the elbows. i really dont get how 2 45s would work cause i need to be able to get the case side on. if anybody has any other ideas to route a TDX, single pass core, pump, and maze4 on 6800 i would appreciate it.

Whats your PCI situation? Why not just regular straight barbs and a slow curve of tubing across the case floor?

If you have more than one pci then ok, but if you put your single other on the last register, then the tubing will have more than enough clearance. Most of us these days dont have pci at all what with onboard soundstorm and NIC, so I assume you are in a similar situation. The added tubing length loss will be revived in the flow increase.

no pci slots used heres a quick paint pic. i think im stuck using 90s

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 53
You might just place the pump under the card, have one barb feeding it water from the output of the maze WB, then have it pump the water over to the rad. Don't know how that would effect preformace as I am only working on becomeing an expert.

Back