• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Price Matching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Hey guys i was wondering if i could have some links to some CANADIAN price matching sites so i can get my PC parts cheapest i really am having a hard time getting good sites.
(I use www.ncix.com but they will price match any thing in canada so i need to drop there prices cuz i know there to high some times)

If it's worth a trip down to Richmond for you, try the cluster on Bridgeport Road. Examples:
A-Link
Canadian Computers
Addax
Powersonic
Some of these businesses lease directly beside the competition... I mean they're divided by 8" of concrete in the same business park... you just jerk your thumb sideways and say, "They're selling it for fifty four today" and so on.

Also browse Hub Magazine, available free at roadside boxes. Most of it is full page ads that are just monthly price lists.

If you're getting NCIX to match prices you dig up then what's the point in finding a second (normally inflated) price matcher?

Um i dont understand what u mean but i think you dont understand what i mean.
www.ncix.com
they are a computer store i order from, but if you find a price that is higher than there price they will match it (any were in canada).
i order from them but some times there stuff is pricey so i want to find out if any one in canada has a better price.

This is whay i need a few price matching sites so i get things cheaper.
so does any one know any price matching sites?
some one told me a good one but i lost it i will book mark them this time.

if your using price-matching, try giving NCIX quotes from canadacomputers.com, they've usually got the lowest prices- the trade-ff is that their customer service is either nonexistant or sneaky, underhanded theives.

A little off topic yes, but I hope it helps anyway

syberspy9 said:
if you find a price that is higher than there price they will match it... there stuff is pricey so i want to find a better price.

This is whay i need a few price matching sites
As I understand it, this is how NCIX price matching works: If you provide clear proof of a competitor's lower price for an individual item, available under the same terms as NCIX's identical item, NCIX will instead use that item price on a strictly incidental basis. NCIX FAQ - Price matching. Otherwise, you pay NCIX listed prices, which are a little high to offset the price matching gimmick.

So an item will either cost $89.95 listed, or "x" price matched. Normally one supplies "x" by inserting the listed price of a competitor, $82.00 say. What you're seeking, syberspy9, I think, is for competitors that also offer the gimmick of price matching, so you can use their listed prices at NCIX. What's the point? You can't price match a price match. And price matchers have to maintain inflated listed prices to balance the scheme. Better quote prices to a price matcher like NCIX from stores that offer select items at a loss so they can get attention. This is playing one gimmick against the other.

OMFG U DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
look all i need is a price matching site that finds stores in canada with the lowest prices I DONT CARE IF THEY HAVE A PRICE MATCHING SYSTEM!
ok here is the deal AS CLEAR AS I CAN SAY IT.

I WANA BUY A MX1000 And at NCIX.COM it costs 89$ so i go to a price matching site like http://thecrucible.pricenetwork.ca/index.php
and then i type in MX1000 and it shows me that chiplogic.ca or w/e site itis has the same mx1000 but its price is 84$ canadian then i show ncix the price and give them the URL and then i only have to pay 84$

SO LETS RE CAP!
I
WANT
A
PRICEMATCHING/PRICE SEARCH SITE
WERE
I
CAN
GET A BETTER PRICE THAN NCIX
(because i i have an account at ncix and there local but i wana pay the cheapist price in canada.

Just look at the link i want a site that does the same thing
OMFG NEWBS OR WHAT DONT YOU KNOW WHAt A PRICE MATCHING SITE IS!
sorry but i explaind this 4 times already.

I must be obtuse. I couldn't understand when you say price matching you really mean price matching.

Well, this one doesn't claim to be a price matching site - it offers only price search - but have a look: pricenetwork.ca

Back