• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C&C Generals question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pyros

Is there anyway to change what the max resolution can be? 1024x768 doesnt cut it for me. I need it to be 1280x800 because I play it on a 15.4" widescreen and the maps are just too freaking thin for me and I constantly have to scroll up and down more than I should have too. :bang head

Any help is appreciated. :beer:

Ok Ive done some searching and talked to someone and it seems there is something not right. My resoulution in game will only let me select 1024x768 at the highest, but the person I have talked to says there resolution is set much higher.

Could this be due to the fact that my desktop is set at 1280x800??

If possible could someone please confirm this by telling me what resolution they play the game at.

Well the option should be in thier to change the resoltuions itsj ust like any game go to the advanced tab and change it, i can go up to 1600x1200.

yes I played mine at 1280x960 or something of the like, you might want to try different drivers?? or you might try to find the ini file and edit the resolution yourself to see if it works, not recommended though, maybe a test to see if you can choose something else.

looked for the ini file and didnt see one. and my online friend I play with can go up to 1600x1200 as well. i doubt its the drivers since my desktop is at 1280x800. Not sure whats up. maybe a re-install of the game is needed.

If ur desktop can only go as high as 1280x800, then ur game setting can only go
as high as 1280x800. But I dont think CnC Gen has a 1280x800 setting, only
1280x768, next to that is 1280x960.

Last edited:
CandymanCan said:
does that 15" moniter even support 1280x1024, cuss that might be why its not thier.
Its a 15.4" widescreen lcd display on my lappy. ;) 1280x800 is max res.

GáTê©rÀ$Hë® thats kina what I was thinking as well. This is a rather odd res to use and I figured the game may not support it. :(

I don't know exactly how, but I remember forcing the resolution of Generals to be 1280x1024 for my monitor. It's in one of the configuration files somewhere, just look for a file called "settings" or "config" and edit (in notepad) the xres and yres lines to be the horizontal and verticle resolutions you want. I don't have the game installed right now, but I'll see if I can find how to do it again online.

also if you can't find that try editing the shortcut on your desktop to run

C:\Games\AoM\aomx.exe xres=1280 yres=720

where C:\Games\AoM\aomx.exe is the executable to run generals

Yea I found the .ini file and changed the res there then saved it but the game just goes to 800x600. I tried 1280x768 and 1280x800 and neither worked. :(

Back