• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easy question, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darthanakin23

O.K. If I put my video games on my Slave hard drive, will they run slower then being on my Master hard drive? Please answer this, and thanks in advance.

diddydo75 said:
if i buy a faster HD i could keep my OS on the hitatchi and just use the quicker one for games?
Regards
Not quite. Access to the drive with the OS will occur during gameplay (however, could be minimal).

I would not put 2 drives of different speeds on the same channel. I once had a ATA66 drive with a brand new ATA100 and both drive lagged several seconds while access data on the older one. The whole computer hiccuped. If you can I would put the different speed drives on different channels.

JT

I beieve that IDE drives will run at the slower speed if 2 drives of different speeds are connected to one computer. I don't know about SATA drives, but if you have a 7200rpm and a 5400rpm drive in the same computer, the speed will reset to 5400rpm.

Back