• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for good PTT headphone set

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toecutter169

Registered
I've just started playing Joint Ops online with a team using headsets and want to get a PTT (Push To Talk) mic/headset combo. I need PTT because a voice-activated mic doesn't send the first syllable or two of speech and I guess when I talk to the other guys it sounds like I'm stuttering and pausing when I'm not, so they find it hard to understand me.

Logitech doesn't seem to offer any PTT headphones, can someone recommend another brand/model?

Is the voice chat integrated or are you using Ventrilo/Teamspeak? With outside programs, there is usually a push to talk option integrated, and there might be some apps that allow you to have this function in any enviroment.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah..........

I did not know this. :) Having just joined my first online team this is the first time I'm using TeamSpeak - I'll look on the site myself but off the top of your head is there a PTT function included in the program itself? and if so, what is the normal key/button that is used to activate the mic?

Scratch that, I found the page on TeamSpeak that allows you to change the key bindings. Looks like I finally found a use in-game for my #4 and #5 mouse buttons :)

Last edited:
Back