• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SW: jk2: Jedi Outcast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mortis03

I know it's an oldie, but I always thought it was a lot of fun. I saw it at walmart the other day for like 10 bucks and I couldnt pass it up. It installs fine and signle player works as well. When I try to play multiplayer (which is the best part and I even bought it) it starts to load up and it gives and error of something like: couldnt open autoexec.cfg and config.cfg. Then windows opens up one of those "program is closing... do you want to send a report" boxes.

I've installed it on 2 computers and even took it back to exchange it for a different copy and it happens everytime.

Anyway, does anyone know what's up w/ this? Could it be that it's just too old of a game? Oh yeah, the computers I've installed on are my 2.5 celeron lappy and my girlfriends 3.0 p4.

If it just wont run, I hope walmart takes it back b/c I cant even afford the 10 bucks for this, but I coulnt pass up a classic that I havent played in years.

i had that happen to me also when i started the game in multliplayer...i dont know if it was wrong but i started it in safe mode once and then from then on i didnt have that problem when i started it regularly (out of safe mode).

make sure you have the latest patch.

Tony420 said:
make sure you have the latest patch.

I'll go ahead and try that too.

Call me stupid but when I start up my computer in safe mode it disables the 3d stuff so it wont run at all. It said it didnt detect a sound card, so i continued anyway. Then it said it needed a 3d graphics card and it didnt detect it so it wouldnt run. I'm trying to install this on my lappy so that may have something to do something w/ it. I dunno. My main rig is at home so I could focus on the last week and a half of school... and then I go and buy a new game, heh.

Edit:

Ok, fixed.

I just feel freaking dumb, I should have known to patch it :beer:

Oh well, thanks btw

Last edited:
should be right under your regular .exe to start the game. Or so i thought. i am not at home right now.

Sorry this post is from Doomgeneration. I wasnt logged out on comp. at work

I dont see that, but not really looking very hard. After patching, it doesnt do that anymore, but the mouse lags. I figure this is b/c of a faster then designed for computer. I also need to mess around w/ some settings. We'll see

Talk aobut ressurected from the dead. I get a kick out of it when people bring and old post back to life. :)

TUK101 said:
Talk aobut ressurected from the dead. I get a kick out of it when people bring and old post back to life. :)

I only started about this thread a couple days ago. The game is old, yes, the thread is not.

gundamit said:
should be right under your regular .exe to start the game. Or so i thought. i am not at home right now.

Sorry this post is from Doomgeneration. I wasnt logged out on comp. at work

So you hijacked my account! You *******! That'll teach me to clear the cookies on the work computer.

Sorry, totally off topic. :rolleyes:

Doomgeneration said:
So you hijacked my account! You *******! That'll teach me to clear the cookies on the work computer.

Sorry, totally off topic. :rolleyes:
Whoop. Now I've done it to you! Now I'm the f'tard. I'll stop now. No more off topic stuff.

the mouse lag is almost always caused by videodrivers in my expirence. usually doesn't happen with older games but it has happened. if you are running the newest drivers already then try going back a revision or two and trying it (unless you have to run the newest drivers for something else). also, motherboard chipset drivers can cause this effect too. fast writes can cause this but it's quite rare. if you have fast writes enabled try disabling it. the performance gain is negligable (sp?) if even existant.

i haven't played this game in about 2 years i would estimate... i should dust it off and see how i am with a saber these days :cool:

Back