• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VNF3 to DFI 250GB, anyone do the switch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I'm just wondering if you guys think it's worth it, overclocker wise ;). I mean don't really have any problems with my VNF3 (it's been fine with my DTR at 270x9, mem at 225), and if I could sell it for $50, then the DFI would only cost me about $70 (I'd like to put an iceberq on it ;)). Still $70 is $70, I could just wait for around for a good deal on 939's and get DFI's 939 board (then again if it's nforce4 and only pci-e, then I'm back to thinking about their nforce3)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=347364

I did the switch and if you're having issues w/ your vnf3 its more than worth it.

here is what i found about switching to DFI:

better sound
CRAAAAAAZY bio features
more stable OCs w/ less volts
peace of mind
can run 3 sticks of ram
faster PC
happier self

if u can afford it, i say go for it.

Hey guys thanks for the replies.
I'd like to upgrade, but I'm leaning toward seeing how the nforce4's pan out right now.
Plus, if nvidia brings back Soundstorm, I can finally try Windows XP-64 and have sound that I can be satisfied with.

i dont get how win64 w/ give u sound you'll be satisfied w/ however, i think waiting will do u some good. if DFI out do themselves w/ the NF4 i'm officially a DFI lyfer. The onlything wiser than getting a DFI lanparty UT is waiting and getting a nf4 DFI ;)

Back