• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY PC 3200 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

priest_ridden

Registered
Hello all,

I recently purchased 2 512mb sticks of PNY PC 3200.
After having various crashing problems, and other computer concerns I decided to run memtest.
One of the sticks ran error free for 4 hours ... I know I should test longer, but I'm in need of the machine.
The second stick had errors galore so I took it back and got a new stick
This third stick, I immediatly ran memtest on and it started having error messages right away. Errors in test 2,3,4, and 6.
I let it run for 2.5 hours and kept getting errors, but it didn't crash.

Should I just take this stick back as well, and keep testing until I get a error free stick?

How important are the errors if it is not crashing?

Have any of you had any experiences with PNY ram?

Oh, and I almost forgot...I'm running the ram on an ASUS PRPE-X with the latest BIOS, and a 2.4c chip.

TIA

Are you running the RAM at stock speed / timmings / voltage?

Maybe try a the bad stick in a different slot. (try the same slot as the good stick was tested in).

I used the same slot to test all of the sticks. So far 1 ran error free the other 2 had errors. I'm running my whole system at stock speeds, because I'm trying to get things stable again. I even tried underclocking my processor to see if that would reduce the ram errors, but it didn't change.

My best guess at this point is that either PNY makes poor ram, or that I'm having the misfortune of catching parts that came from a bad batch.

Back