• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what week is this CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, its week 3 of 2004. The date code goes Year-year-week-week.

It should be locked, if thats what you are asking.

yea cos i herd if its before week 40 of 2003 its unlocked or something

David is quite correct I might add.

And yes, that is a locked one. I may have to do some reasearching on this, but I think if your CPU has a 12.5 multiplier or below, even if it is locked you get all the lower multipliers and if it is 13 or higher you get the upper multipliers?

EDIT:
kixjb! I have never heard of that one before. Might be for a Thornton core, just a guess though.

@md0Cer said:

And yes, that is a locked one. I may have to do some reasearching on this, but I think if your CPU has a 12.5 multiplier or below, even if it is locked you get all the lower multipliers and if it is 13 or higher you get the upper multipliers?

My understanding was that locked = irreversibly locked at a single specific multiplier.

David said:
My understanding was that locked = irreversibly locked at a single specific multiplier.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :thup:

I think with the Athlon 64's you get the lower range of multipliers though. You are probably correct with the "week 40 of 03 or later" locked K7's.

@md0Cer said:

EDIT:
kixjb! I have never heard of that one before. Might be for a Thornton core, just a guess though.
No, locked is locked. what you describe is a motherboard that doesn't support x8 multiplier bit (5th), thus can only control the first 4 which are either x5-x12.5 or x13 - x24, depending on the position of the 5th bit.

*EDIT:* KIXJB is definatly a TbredB stepping. the *IXJBs weren't too common tho, most were *IXIB... the * could be A/J/K.

yea its a tbred b, so can the multipliers be changed lower? it is a 12.5 mulitiplier

oh and what do u mean by a/j/k

No, when the CPU is locked you can't change the multiplier.
There are AIXIBs, JIXIBs and KIXIBs...

ah ok thx.

hey so what about this CPU, is this one unlocked?
D900AUT18
ANDA 0128CPJW
Z9402030011

Nope, but that's an old duron, all you need a mechanical 0.5mm lead pencil and just connect the L1 bridges with that pencil, just make sure you don't cross connect bridges and you'll have an unlocked chip.
Problem is that thing is pretty old, although the stepping is good for a spitfire duron, but anything over 1100-1200MHz probably won't be possible.

hey i have it at 1145MHz right now, and its 1.85vcore. 127MHz FSB

Back