• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

backplate of k8n neo2 causing instability problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gio09

Registered
backplate of k8n neo2 causing problems?

I was wondering if i should be concern if the backplate of my k8n neo2 platinum motherboard touches the back part of my case?
The reason i ask is because i'm having trouble booting my new pc while installed on my case.....monitor won't show anything, it stays black with only the blinking green light.........and if i take everything off the case it all works perfectly.
Also what part(s) of the motherboard should not make contact with the case?
Btw. i'm using plastic screws.

Thanks.

Last edited:
well something seems to be making contact with the case because i just installed winxp, etc by taking all the parts out of the case and setting them on a table.
I wonder if i'm going to have to buy a new case :(

this may sound off the wall but could there be one of the standoffs from the old mobo still in the case thats not needed for this board. If so it could be shorting it out. As for what should make contact. that would be only the mounting standoff, and the I/O shield. ther rest should have a nice 1/4inch air gap around it.

At last i got it working......it was the power supply :) .......i had to buy an enermax psu.

hehe....actually the enermax was the only one left(400 watts or more) and i thought of buying an OCZ one for $60 CAD dollars more but i was desperate to test my new parts. :cool:

Back