• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choice of NB cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what kind of a system are you going to put it in?

I've got the zalman NB-47J myself, and am very pleased with its performance!

but of those sinks.. id go for the swiftech, even if it were only because it just looks so damned stylish :cool:

Over christmas break i'm planning on volt modding both my ram and NB so i wanted better cooling. I have a NF7-S with xp2500 nonmobile. CPU cooling is the thermalright SP-97 so i was thinking of the NB-1C because it would match.

i have a NB-1c and it works very well i like it alot but i hear there isnt much of a difference then the NB-1 non c

I as well am looking around for a NB cooling solution because my NF7-S NB fan is whirring and destroying my silence. At any rate... I would opt for the NB-1C except for its massive dBa rating. That is a ludicrous amount of noise to add just for a NB. Was wondering if passive is even an alternative for the medium-high overclocker. Any thoughts? The CFM on the Swiftech make me doubt its performance over even then stock cooler. :-/

jackrungh said:
I as well am looking around for a NB cooling solution because my NF7-S NB fan is whirring and destroying my silence. At any rate... I would opt for the NB-1C except for its massive dBa rating. That is a ludicrous amount of noise to add just for a NB. Was wondering if passive is even an alternative for the medium-high overclocker. Any thoughts? The CFM on the Swiftech make me doubt its performance over even then stock cooler. :-/

The stock coolers basically a flat piece with a fan in the middle... surely you jest about the performance!

I have a Zalman too, works ok for me.

The beautiful about the NB47J is that it doesn't make noise. The Swiftech is rated at 14dBA which isn't that quiet, and I'm not sure what the Thermalright is rated but I know it's a lot louder than is necessary.

Radical said:
The beautiful about the NB47J is that it doesn't make noise. The Swiftech is rated at 14dBA which isn't that quiet, and I'm not sure what the Thermalright is rated but I know it's a lot louder than is necessary.

14 db is pretty quiet unless they calculated it in another way..

The NB47J by zalman is a great cooler, it doesnt even get warm-ish in my case (80mm fan spills a bit over it)

you can get the swiftech and slap another fan on it, but the swiftech was designed for low(er) airflow/noise setups :) while thermalright.... is great cooling at.. often high noise..

Had the swiftech for almost a year now, it is awsome. I guess i'm bias though, never tried the others :p

wow, i didnt even check the db, i expected it to be high

14 (18 actually) is well below normal room noise. Its basically whisper level...

Yeah, 15 is really quiet. I think the others are at 35, I saw that in a review yesterday so it may not be correct.

Guess I'll get the Swiftech, it seems to be a concensus. Thanks all!!!

actually theres a lot of support here for the zalman, remember the noise in a pc increses every time you add a source, and besides a fan that you dont have can't fail

Does a fanless cooler really cool well enough? I think I may voltmod my NB over christmas, I'm not going to go too extreem but would the zelman still be able to handle it?

The Zalman that people use is more than enough if you are aircooled and get good airflow from your CPU fan. I am using it now, and it gets a lot of air from the Tornado on my SP-97, but when I get my water running, I will be switching to a NB-1c.

Swiftech MCX159-R
I heard of some people colling p1,p2, and p3's witht it. (they tested it as a cpu cooler)
and its silent im shure u wouldnt even need the fan but if its silent why not have it.

At svc.com (the place bert202 linked to), they have the NB-1 for $9.99, and it comes with a fan. I say go for that one.

Back