• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fried mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*spazzed*

i just put in a new asus a7n8x-e deluxe....
originally i installed win 98, but i had a driver issue with the gigabit ethernet on it.....

i thought that maybe installign win xp would solve that, but i got an error message saying that theres a problem with my hardware...

even when i use a hardrive with winxp on it, it doesn;t boot with it, the computer just turns off and restarts

is my hardware problem a motherboard? or perhaps i need to update the bios :( :eh?:

XP can be spazzy with hardware it does not like from my experences.

When you say boot are you talking about getting past post or when loading windows it crashes and restarts?

Mr. $T$ said:
XP can be spazzy with hardware it does not like from my experences.

When you say boot are you talking about getting past post or when loading windows it crashes and restarts?
it posts, but when windows actually tries to load it crashes.....

when i had win 98 it would crash every time i tried to browse the internet

*spazzed* said:
i just put in a new asus a7n8x-e deluxe....
originally i installed win 98, but i had a driver issue with the gigabit ethernet
Is "asus a7n8x-e deluxe" an ethernet card. I am guessing that it is the motherboard.

Have you tried installing drivers?

Also perhaps an overclock is unstable. If overclocked, retern to stock speeds and try to boot.

Is a Stop code returned?

Ascii2 said:
Have you tried installing drivers?

Also perhaps an overclock is unstable. If overclocked, retern to stock speeds and try to boot.

Is a Stop code returned?
yeah
there is a stop code
i'll try again today and write down the stop code....

Back