• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ati trade up program...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think they do it, I remenber there was link to there program a while ago and there was list of how much they were paying for each card and I only saw ati cards, and besides they were not giving much for my 9800pro.

edit: http://shop.ati.com/tradeup.asp

Last edited:
at the top of the page, they say they'll take any card, no matter who made it and give you the credit price off that card (9600xt or 9800pro), not if you trade in that card, you get $50 toward any card. Those are the cards that you can buy, not the ones that they will buy

yeah, as of now you can only trade to a 9600xt and maybe a 9800 pro i cant rember, but the idea is that you give them a really old card

With a 5900 you would be much better just trying to sell

I would only use trade up if I wanted to trade up from something that retails for less than $50 like a mx440 or 7200

yeah, i have a 9200se that I would have traded up for a 9600xt, but I didn't know about this and bought one retail awhile ago:(

I was just there a min ago and i will get 50 bucks off a 9800 Pro when i trade
in my really old rage128...not bad cause i would not get that much on EBay.

Yep the only way its worth it is if you have a really old card that you do not want anymore. Even with the tradein though it can be cheaper just to buy the card at the store, I believe you have to pay for shipping which usually ends up killing any savings you would realize by doing the trade in.

There was another thread like this on the forum's before and it was concluded that you really do not save any money on this trade in program.

Back